Our group is 100% driven by volunteers. The work is rewarding, and you
get to play with lots of dogs!
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Southwestern North Carolina Intake Coordinator (Serving Charlotte and the surround Counties):
This person will coordinate the pick up shelties from local shelters and owners who wish to surrender their pet.
This person will also help coordinate vet care at Rea Road Animal Hospital in Charlotte and select appropriate foster homes
for the rescued shelties. Provide volunteer support in the southwestern part of the state.
In the Buncombe, Yancy, and Madison counties area are desperately needed.
TSR is looking for an individual who has free time (both during the day and
on the weekends) to assist with coordinating transportation efforts. We
frequently need to transport shelties from the most everywhere in the state to
Raleigh. This person will need have access to a computer at home and needs
to be willing to join various list server type of mailing list which will aid in
obtaining transportation contacts. Work closely with the TSR Intake Coordinator
and other volunteers within TSR.
These are the kinds of tasks our volunteers usually perform:
If you are interested in volunteering, please click here to fill out
our volunteer form.
- Respond to calls from pounds.
- Search newspapers and Internet for Shelties for adoption.
- Bail shelties from pounds.
- Transport dogs to foster homes or vet.
- Groom and bathe rescued Shelties.
- Foster shelties for extended time periods.
- Interview potential adopters and perform home checks.
- Post information about Sheltie Rescue at local vets or on the Internet.
- Contribute equipment, such as crates.
- Identify or participate in fundraising events.
- Provide a specialized skill, such as bookeeping or legal services.